We have several ways for you to sell with us and they are all easy!
- Regular Consignment Auctions
- Estate & Business Auctions
What to sell and how to sell it.
We can sell anything except livestock and virtually everything from A-Z has come through our auctions. If you are downsizing or cleaning out a regularly scheduled consignment auction is the place to come. No lot is too large or too small. For a large estate or business sale we will schedule a special Saturday auction for you either at your property or our sales facility. And for those one-of-a-kind, high-end items which appeal to a broader audience we have our on-line auction. Note: this feature of the website is under construction and will be coming soon. Call us to schedule a face-to-face appointment in how we can most effectively market your personal property. We look forward to hearing from you.
Where to hold your auction? On-site auction vs Off-site auction
When deciding whether to have an on-site auction (our sales facility) or an off-site auction (your property) consider the following:
- Is the property easily accessible? People are willing travel to an auction, but must be able to get there without 4-wheel drive vehicle, or long walk.
- Is the property conducive to handling a large crowd?
- Is there adequate parking?
- Are you okay with a lot of people on-hand and the wear and tear that goes with it?
- Is it easier to leave the items where they are, or move them?
- Is there dry storage or cover in case of inclement weather?
North Fork Auction commission rates are the same at either on-site or off-site auctions, and on-line auctions. The advantage of holding an auction at our sales facility is that we have secure dry storage, the auction will be held inside, and we are equipped to handle a crowd.
Commission Rates and Other Charges
Commission at North Fork Auction is a variable rate on a per item basis and is broken down as follows:
- 37% = for any item selling up to $500
- 18% = for any item selling from $501 – $4,999
- 12% = for any item selling over $5,000
- Reserve bid fee = $15 if the item does not sell
- Pickup fee = $185 per load
- Disposal fee for no sale items = $45 (up to – depending on lot)
Call us with any questions and for more information. 970-209-0910