- North Fork Auction established 2012
- Owners: Luke and Kelley McCrain & Family
- Auctioneer: Rod Schmalz
- Clerks: Shawna Funk and Linda Wilson
North Fork Auction is a local, family-run business located outside of Paonia, Colorado. We value our community and love seeing folks get together at our auctions. In addition to the regularly scheduled 1st & 3rd Thursday consignment auctions at our sales facility, we also travel and organize auctions at other locations around the Western Slope of Colorado including Gunnison, Montrose, Ridgway, Delta, Crawford, Cedaredge, Glenwood Springs, and Grand Junction areas. Our live auctions are a fun way to buy or sell virtually anything – from an entire estate, including real estate, to a small collectible one-of-a-kind item. Auctions attract people from all walks of life, including curious spectators, dedicated collectors, bargain hunters and dealers of all kinds. An auction is a great place to find good deals, treasures, interesting antiques, collectibles, camping and hunting equipment, outdoor recreational items, tools, heavy machinery, farm and ranch items, and much more. Please have a look at our calendar and join us at the next auction. Contact us for details in setting up an auction of your own.
See you there!
Our Western Colorado Auction Services
1st & 3rd Thursday Auctions
- Regular consignment auctions are held every 1st & 3rd Thursday at our sales facility in Paonia. Bidding begins at 6:30 pm.
- This offers a convenient way for sellers to consign items, whether it be a one small lot, or an entire estate. We provide secure, dry storage while waiting for an auction.
Custom Estate & Business Auctions
- These auctions may be held at our sales facility or off-site. This offers an excellent way to liquidate an entire estate or business in a quick and efficient format.
- Online auctions serve as a way to sell those one-of-a-kind and/or high-end items to a wider audience of bidders.
What is the “North Fork”?
This area gets its name from the North Fork of the Gunnison River which runs through the valley. Paonia, Hotchkiss and Crawford are the main towns of the “North Fork”. This area is located in Western Colorado on the easter side of Delta County and is bordered by the West Elk Mountains to the east, Black Canyon to the south and Grand Mesa to the north. Mt. Lamborn and Landsend mountains are iconic visual landmarks of the area. The North Fork Valley is rich in farming, ranching, and mining history. This destination place offers a variety of activities for the outdoor recreationalist, wine tasting, and more.